Thursday, July 9, 2015

New Felt pieces

Working on new felt pieces for the next art fair as I sold seven rather large pieces recently.    These two were just completed. The birch is still wet.  The colors should brighten even more as it dries and you will see more variation of color especially within the darks.  The trick with felt is to keep the fibers in place where you need a clean line ... edge of barn or shape of birch tree... while allowing other fibers to roam as you can see from the birch leaves and the back ground and from the foreground in the barn.  If I can, I avoid needle felt.  The barn has more needle felt because I had to sharpen edges and add some sharpness to the tree.  It looks like the birch tree will be ok as is.   The birch is large 24x28.  The barn is about 22 x 24.   I would like to get one more large piece completed before the next art fair July 18th.  If you are near Mt. Horeb Wisconsin on that date, come out and see me.


No comments:

Post a Comment